Bingsu, is one that I am really curious. I was told to go for the legit bingsu because its worth it. In the Philippines we have something similar or the counter part the HALO HALO.
Snowbing is a local franchise that caters to Asian cuisine. This post is dedicated to their dessert menu. Their BINGSU AND TOAST.
You may want to visit Snowbing Trinoma 4/F Garden Level near Starbucks. They also offer meals (pasta and pizza) but you have to head towards to SM North.
Let’s headover now to SNOWBING’s highlight dessert the BINGSU (“snowBING”). From P168-P198 you get a big serving of bingsu – A yummy bowl good for sharing. Rich in flavor and the what is the science behind their bingsu’s shaved iced – it doesn’t melt easily. You can opt for take out because like I said it doesn’t melt right away.
I personally like the SALTED CARAMEL (P168) – a perfectly blend of sweet &
salty & CHOCO BROWNIE (P188) – big chunks of brownies! The Tiramisu (P198) ran out during our visit but I feel it taste good and heard its one of their bestsellers.
Their bestsellers are the CHEEZY MANGO – their mangoes are the sweetest! (P168), MATCHA GREEN TEA (P198) AND TIRAMISU (P198). You can choose from their 12 BINGSU – so hard to choose, all looks so delish.
– Tropical fruit
– Mangoes and cream
– Strawberry and cream
– Pat Bingsu
– Salted Caramel
– Cheezy Mango
– Cookies & Cream
– Choco Brownie
– Apple Crumble
– Matcha Green Tea
*Click photo for menu and pricelist*
I also love their Japanese chunky Toast, all for P188. I reco the Honey Butter and Belgian Chocolate. They also have matcha green tea and white & dark chocolate which I look forward to try another time. They also have Banana Milk (P80)!
Symply G Keratin Shampoo and conditioner provides the hair with maximum moisture making it SILKY, SOFT and SHINY. – Symply G!
SHAMPOO: Keratin Shampoo with ARGAN OIL (sachet 22 ml)
It says the keratin shampoo is designed for cleaning rebonded or colored hair that makes hair moisturized, naturally straight, soft and shiny. Simply apply shampoo over wet hair and massage. My first impression was the smell, it smells exactly like the shampoo in the salon/ parlor Overall, its okay. I did noticed that my hair was soft and had less tangles.
CONDITIONER: Keratin Deep Conditioning therapy with ARGAN OIL (sachet 22 ml)
Deep conditioning works to re-hydrate dry and damaged hair. Formulated also for sensitive scalp. Its unique formula makes hair soft and shiny. After shampoo, apply conditioner and leave it for 1 MINUTE. It says on the sachet 1 minute treatment on a daily use. Among the two, I prefer the conditioner because the smell is like candy, it smells so good! and when you leave it on for a minute you get that MINTY FRESH FEELING, which is so relaxing. Personally I didn’t want to wash it off right away because it was so cool on the scalp. This is my first time that I got to experience it with a conditioner. I usually get this kind of feeling from shampoos.
Overall, It’s very GOOD. The price range is SO AFFORDABLE just PHP 6.00 per sachet. I’ve been using it for a few days my hair feels so fresh, light, less tangles and the feeling that your hair is “bagsak”/straight. I recommend that you have to use BOTH for it to actually work and be satisfied with the result. On the first day, you’ll already know the difference and you get the same feeling over again. After a few hours my hair wasn’t oily and my hair was easy to managed. It would start to oil out after 18 hours+ (my estimate).
Compared to other brands, this is a good deal PHP. 6.00 for 22 ml ! You usually get like a small amount from other brands and would cost a bit more. Symply G with a “Y”, YOU get more than what you paid for. It’s amazing that it is just PHP 6.00 and you can bring it anywhere since it’s packed in a sachet which is light to travel with.
Tips, for those who go the gym, I think you can use the conditioner while you are in the steam room because of its treatment formulation and its light to pack in your gym bag or have it in your own personal locker because it doesn’t add to much space.
Since my hair is colored and when I started using SYMPLY G, I just had my hair color done. So far good and gives my hair that shine but I still have to see in the coming days still.
SYMPLY G is available at PUREGOLD and LOCAL SUPERMARKETS and also available at Beautymnl.com
LIKE SYMPLY G on facebook, www.facebook.com/SymplyGOfficial
This is part 1 of my pasta series with AL DENTE PASTA, Tuna Pesto ala Kirsh.
It’s very basic and easy to do recipe that you can do at home and have when you have friends come over!
- Fusilli Al Dente
- Dona Elena Olive Oil
- 1/2 White Onion (sliced)
- Dona Elena Red Pesto Sauce
- 3 canned tuna
- Dona Elena Whole Peeled Tomatoes (Separate the tomato sauce and peeled tomatoes, then crush the tomatoes)
- Dona Elena Black Olives (toppings as garnish)
- Grated Cheese (toppings as garnish)
- Butter (For the drained boiled pasta)
- Boil first the Fusilli Al Dente Pasta (then add salt) till soft
- On another pan, drizzle olive oil
- Fry the onions
- Pour the tuna to saute (make sure it doesn’t turn brown)
- 1/2 cup of Dona Elena Red Pesto Sauce
- Pour on the Tomato sauce
- Then pour the crushed peeled tomatoes
- Stir to cook, then cover to boil. 8-10 minutes (depends)
- Get a taste and if it taste good, it’s ready.
Going back to the pasta (fusilli)
- Drain the boiling water from the pasta
- TIP: For the butter, cut a few blocks and scatter on strainer then pour the pasta and MIX. This is a tip, I learned from my dad, so the pasta will have flavor and be soft
LAST, You can mix the fusilli with the sauce or do it separate.
There you go! You can add black olives or grated cheese depending on your preference 🙂
For my next recipe, I may be cooking SARDINE PASTA ALA KRISH – soon 🙂
I’ve been wearing specs my entire life since I was a kid. Imagine, I was the super chubby girl with eyeglasses. It also kinda runs in the family, My dad and my sisters. My 3 siblings and I are four-eyed. My mom wears reading glasses, I don’t know it it counts because of the whole aging thing.
As I got older, during highschool and college I tend to just hang my glasses because I feel I look better without glasses. It was when after I graduated I tried wearing contact lenses, it was a hassle because of how busy I am, I tend to forget to put solution now and then, in a matter of 6 hours my eyes get irritated and red. Back in college, I didn’t want to wear contacts because there were studies that it lead to dry eyes.
Growing up I was socially awkward (I know it is hard to believe the person I am today), I didn’t look straight and my friends till today still tease me the way I look at people before. It was just a phase, glad I am over it. Till now I couldn’t find a logical reason on how I look at people before. Especially when it came to my crushes, I can’t even imagine how weird I was haha.
I remembered meeting an optha specialist in the gym, forgot her name though. This was during college and she told me that at age 24 is the perfect age to get lasik because I was planning on my 18th birthday to get the procedure. Her professional advice was at the age of 24, that is already most like likely our permanent vision. If as early as that time my vision can still change plus considering lifestyle.
Now that I turned 24 this year, It’s about time.
So If you guys are planning to get lasik at SHINAGAWA, make sure you don’t wear contact lenses for 7 days to get exactly the grade of your eyes. The test runs for about 3 hours atleast so it’s better to come in early. Before that set an appointment. I’ll be putting the details below.
Another REMINDER : DON’T DRIVE home after the test.
TIP: Bring SHADES and JACKET. You’ll know why after reading.
For your information, Shinagawa perfroms advanced lasik, not the traditional lasik we all hear growing up like going under the knife stories and the complications that you may go blind etc.
To differentiate them quickly, the TRADITIONAL LASIK PROCEDURE, (microkeratome) – this is the instrument that cuts an evenly thin lining of cornea. According to studies it may lead to possible complications.
Compared to the ADVANCED LASIK PROCEDURE, is completely laser which don’t lead to complications. Preparation would take about 2 hours but the procedure would take just 8 minutes (both eyes). Here is how it goes:
- Corneal Flap is cut and prepared using a femtosecond laser.
- Flap is folded to one side by the surgeon
- Using an excimer laser, the connective tissue is reshaped
- The flap which was created and lifted is then put back into its original position.
- SHINAGAWA’S lasik, gives you functional vision within 6-12 hours following the ADVANCED LASIK surgery with better technologies, you can expect high definition vision and stability in a much shorter time.
Sorry for the long intro, So to the point on how I passed for the screening.
Like I said, It would take atleast 3 hours. You first write your basic and health related information. Then wait for your turn. They have 2 testing sites one in an open lighted area and the other one is the dark room.
TIP: The center is kinda cold, I suggest to bring a JACKET.
First stop is at the OPEN AREA, they check your vision and eye pressure using from one machine to the other. Then next at the DARK ROOM, different machines were used to test your vision. I can’t explain specifically each machine but you’ll be hopping from one machine to the other in a jiffy.
Then you wait again, The 3rd test, is about reading from afar by covering one eye – During my time it was about finding the open part of a circle. The Circle starts as BIG then becomes small. Then you do the test all over again this time with grade. Then they also check for any color blindness
After that, every 5 minutes for 3 times my eyes were given dilating drops. It made my eyes blurry and sensitive to light, Thank goodness I brought shades. So I have to wait for an hour for my results.
TIP: They have a nearby Starbucks and Jollibee.
After an hour, I talked to Doctor and he said I PASSED. Yay! I was a bit worried because my dad did not passed his lasik screen test abroad and we have almost the same grade but his is a bit higher. Mine is 2.5 something and his is 3. something, I think. I’ll be sharing my actual results maybe on my next post.
So SHINAGAWA, had an ongoing promo for October 68k instead of 140K which is the original price. This promo entitles to BDO CREDIT CARD HOLDERS, 12 Months to pay and 0% INTEREST.
Wish me all the best on my upcoming procedure, I know I am in good hands and I will be blogging about it after 🙂
Stay tune for their upcoming possible promos and they don’t only specialize in lasik but also dentistry and other aesthetics as well. LIKE them on facebook https://www.facebook.com/ShinagawaLasikCenter/ and FOLLOW them on instagram @SHINAGAWACLINIC
You can inquire at http://shinagawa.ph/contact-us/
They have 2 locations, one in MAKATI (main) and the other one in ORTIGAS (This area is more convenient for me and in terms of going there, I was able to book by grab car)
(+632) 491 0000 | (+63) 917 572 4684
Mezzanine, Tower 2, The Enterprise Center, 6766 Ayala Ave. cor. Paseo de Roxas, Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines
(+632) 368 5240 | (+63) 917 828 1955
21st Floor, Hanston Square Bldg.,#17 San Miguel Avenue, Ortigas Center, Pasig City 1605 Philippines You may contact Rhonnie, at 0917 713 5320 (Mention my name / blog)
To my readers, a little favor if they ask how you got to know about the lasik procedure kindly mention my blog and feel free to share this post 🙂
Newest Vivo influencer Maris Racal has sure gone a long way from her first TV stint as one of the teen housemates of Pinoy Big Brother All In where she eventually placed second to the season’s Big Winner Daniel Matsunaga. Known for her sweet singing voice earning her the title “Singing Sunshine ng Davao”, Maris or Mariestella in real life grew up in a musically-inclined family and is also part of a sing-and-dance all-girl group in home network ABS-CBN.
Maris has already a few accomplishments under her belt as a budding celebrity, but she still considers her recent Vivo endorsement a dream come true. “I have always wanted to [endorse a phone brand],” Maris says in a brief interview held in between photo shoots for the top smartphone brand. “That is why when my handler told me [that I have been chosen to endorse Vivo], I was so happy.”
Maris was introduced as one of the Vivo influencers at the launch of the young and hip global smartphone brand’s latest pride the V7+. She is part of the fresh roster of Vivo endorsers known collectively as the Vivo Family. On top of being an independent talent, Maris also makes up half of the “Marni go” love team with Inigo Pascual, another Vivo influencer and member of the pioneer batch of the Vivo Family. The twosome was formed by chance when the duo made headlines when they performed onstage for Inigo’s digital concert.
Apart from being part of “Marnigo”, Maris has a lot of good things on her plate and all the highlights of her days can now be preserved in memories through her own Vivo V7+. “I look super fresh [in my selfies] even without make-up,” she happily remarks, swearing by the selfie-taking prowess of the Vivo V7+. The V7+ boasts of one of the world’s first 24MP 24MPclearer selfie, front facing camera with LED flash and smart photography algorithms provides for a clear-cut, crisp, and natural-looking photo. To further enhance photos, the V7+ packs in a built in Bokeh effect which creates an aesthetic quality of out of focus blur in photos.
Being a musician herself, Maris is also thrilled over the V7+’s fully-upgraded AK4376A Hi-Fidelity audio chip. This V7+ feature supports the latest sound technology and levels up mobile audio technology, enabling any music lover to enjoy rich and full rhythms. This audio chip also plays music which answers to the mood or scenario at hand.
Maris will be part of a series of Vivo V7+ mall shows alongside love team Inigo Pascual and other Vivo Family members. The four-month mall tour which commenced last September will heavily endorse the Vivo V7+ with fun-packed activities and performances from the Vivo Family; the tour will be doing the rounds until the end 2017.
For inquiries about Vivo, visit the Vivo website at www.vivo.com/ph or check out their Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/VivoPhil), Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/vivophil/), and Twitter (https://twitter.com/vivo_phil) accounts
Mary Kay had thought me on how to improve my skin routine. Not only that they produce quality beauty products, they also give you wisdom and know where you can improve on your skin routine. Then you don’t have to go overboard with bold products. They are more of creating a subtle and everyday natural look.
We’ve heard about MARY KAY PRODUCTS but did you know they do house visits to conduct beauty consultations facials and free make up session. You get to personally try all the products plus an extra charge if you want a way more extensive facial.
So here is a brief of what I’ve learned from MARY KAY. They turned themselves into a business venture for women to learn about beauty, create a community and promote wellness. You can be a member, they conduct seminars and workshops. You can start with an amount of P1500 – an entire start up kit with basic tools and samples already plus you get a stylish bag as well.
So here are the products that I’ve tried, personally its really GOOD and very light on the skin. Then the numbering is according to which you start first and categorize them according to areas.
HANDS: (prep wash hands)
- EXFOLIATE – SATIN HANDS Shea butter scrub
- SATIN HANDS NOURISHING CREAM and PROTECTOR SOFTENER
FACE (prep washing of face)
for TEENS (mostly advised for teens but people aged 20+ can try and use it)
- BOTANICAL EFFECTS Cleansing gel – I’ve been using this for a few months with the exfoliating electrical brush, it’s refreshing and I love the citrus scent of it.
- BOTANICAL EFFECTS Moisturizing gel
- TIME WISE 3 – IN – CLEANSER
- TIME WISE AGE FIGHTING MOISTURIZER
Basically just these 2, no toner and then you proceed to make up.
03. Use of CC Cream first, it’s a tinted moisturizer and prevents sweat plus with SPF
04. Since I have oily skin its highly recommended you go for MATTE FOUNDATION (TIME WISE). Their foundation is their best selling product and it’s true It doesn’t wear off easily, still intact and even though I’ve sweat the entire day, my skin becomes luminous and gets whiter (in a good way).
05. Tap it off with loose powder. So here is the AFTER look.
Basically this is an ALL NATURAL MAKE UP LOOK, then also you can add a shade of lippie. You can check their catalog of moisturize and matte lippies.
Also to add some pop of colors to the eyes and make them fuller they have mascara and an eyeshadow palette. I noticed their eyeshadow palette are more of pink shades. This is like for the everyday look that would make you look fresh even after sweating a lot. The more you sweat, the more glowing you are which I proved it. BTW They also have skin line for men if you may asked because compared to others they cater specifically for MEN.
You may contact AIMEE (09199 395 0913), RUBI (0945 346 0244) and JACQUI (0933 860 9450)
For almost a month now I have been using MIYU 3 in 1 Whitening: CLEANSING, TONER AND MOISTURIZER.
It comes in a very cute pastel pink and green packaging. Miyu is a known Korean skin care line who came to the Philippines and created 3 products for the Pinay Skin. Got to hand it to you I am a fan of Korean beauty products. With that kind of admiration Philippines have with Korean aesthetics, it’s no question why Manila was a good target.
MIYU conducted a study and formulated products based upon the Pinay skin. According to research, It has been said Pinays mostly use 3 skincare products: cleanser, toner and moisturizer.
MIYU, Manufactured by COSMECCA KOREA CO. Ltd and distributed by AMWAY PHILIPPINES has created 3 products for the Pinay lifestyle. It is made from BUCKWHEAT, CHAGA MUSHROOM (Chaga glycoprotein) and HYALURONIC ACID. Buckwheat is responsible for the BRIGHTENING and decreases sebum to prevent acne. CHAGA MUSHROOM is for the PORE TIGHTENING and ofcourse HYALURONIC ACID is for MOISTURE.
The MIYU WHITENING CLEANSER is called “FREE ME UP” : Cleansing, Moisturizing and Whitening. It has this “citrus” scent and it is gentle on the skin. If you guys ask it is good for all skin types. Available in 100 ML.
The MIYU TONER is called “PORE ME DOWN” (such cute names), for TONING (removes dead skin cells, Pore Minimizing and Tightening & Whitening. Sometimes I just dab it directly on my face and just a few drops it covers the entire face.The products are good to cover till 4-5 months based upon my estimation on how I used it.
My favorite, the MIYU “EASY PEASY BABY” For Moisturizing, Protecting SPF 30 PA+++ and WHITENING. According to research, Pinays are not into sunblock, how ironic considering how hot it is here in manila and the beaming heat too. So Miyu was so smart to create a MOISTURIZER and SUNBLOCK together. I personally bring this when I am on the go with no make up.
For P1947 you’ll be able to get the entire set. You can purchase it individually also. You can order and purchase it at www.amway.com.ph
Hey guys! I have a treat for you all! What IF I told you that you get waxing and scrubbing services for FREE. You heard it right girls, FREE. This is a special offer brought to you by WHIPPED WAXING AND SCRUBBING SALON! @
Here is the catch ofcourse! It runs from September 15-October 15 running for a month on selected branches
- Free 2 Services per visit
- Unlimited number of visits
- Fill out form in-store
- Free service can only be availed if client comes to store in person and fills out the form.
- No reservations.
- Any 2 services per visit (not including packages)
- First come first served basis
WHIPPED SUGAR WAXING AND SCRUBBING SALON, specializes in using natural ingredients that would definitely make skin smoother and brighter after waxing and scrubbing 🙂
IMG_2586 (CLICK THE LINK – Sugar Waxing)
If you haven’t heard of WHIPPED and you wan’t to know what they offer here are my previous blog posts that could help you out 🙂
You can visit their branches nearby you:
- 3rd Floor Ayala Fairview Terraces
- Avida Southpark, Alabang
- 2nd floor, Eight Forbes Town Center BGC.
Follow them on instagram: @whippedsalonph and facebook: Facebook: facebook.com/WhippedSalon
#YummerWithWhipped #WhippedItOut #StrippedWithWhipped #SmootherWithWhipped #WhippedATC #WhippedAFT #WhippedETC #DareToGetWhipped #GetWhippedNow #WhippedMNL #OnlyAtWhipped
When I got into my 20s I realized how important it was to take care of my teeth. Before back in college I would fall asleep while studying and sometimes forgetting to brush my teeth. Sounds gross but that’s reality I am not the only one who does it but I do brush my teeth in the morning definitely FYI. I gained cavities (How sad) but then I had my dental fillings in order for my cavities not to get worst. Then I have committed myself to MOUTH CARE ever since. I tried all the whitening toothpaste, mouthwash and gels you can buy in the market, it just prevents it from becoming darker (yellow) and you’ll see the result but it takes time.
Having a set of pearly whites really boost confidence, you know what I mean?
Finally Hong Kong’s The Smile Bar is here in the Philippines! Now here is my personal experience trying out their TRIPLE WHITENING service.
Here is a link of the FAQS about THE SMILE BAR (This is my previous blogpost if you want a backstory, proper introduction, services, price list and common inquiries) http://www.krishgeek.com/smile-bar-now-here-in-the-philippines/
- They make you fill out a form just basic and health – related questions. You get to meet your SMILE TENDER who will explain and perform the procedure. My smile tender was Ate Milky! The customer will be the one choosing their preferred service.
- Single Whitening (1 x 20 minutes at PHP2,999)
- Double Whitening (2 x 20 minutes, PHP4,999),
- Triple Whitening (3 x 20 minutes at PHP6,499)
- Year Whitening (12 x 20 minutes at PHP24,999)
It may be a bit pricey but its worth it, when it comes to the treatments.
“The problem with home whitening kits is that they are never a sure thing. Some are cheap, some are expensive. Some claim to be natural, while others come with toxicity warnings. You can never tell where you stand with these at-home trays and LED lights” – THE SMILE BAR
PRE – TEETH ASSESSMENT is done, so you will know what shade or how yellow your teeth is. Mine is in the MIDDLE of it all SHADE 20 (They determine the shade by following after the 2 front teeth) . When it comes to the results, your teeth will naturally whiten by 2- 9 shades. Results may last up to 6 months depending on your lifestyle.
02. Preparation before treatment:
- Mouthwash first, using BRILLANT SMILE WHITENING EVO MOUTH RINSE
- Brushing of teeth using BRILLANT SMILE WHITENINGEVO TOOTHPASTE and ofcourse a special toothbrush imported from Sweden – which you can bring home after.
03. Start of the Whitening treatment, My treatment is the TRIPLE WHITENING. They made me sit in the EGG CHAIR or POD (You can adjust the seat till you feel comfortable) and they asked if I wanted headphones and an iPad. The headphones are the brand, BOSE, so definitely high definition surround sound and in the iPad they have the Safari and Spotify applications while you’re at it.
- First, the use of the DENTAL CLEANSER with the use of your pointer finger they will place the dental cleanser (It’s like a glove for your finger) and then you apply on the top coat of your teeth. – HOPE THAT MAKES SENSE but it’s SANITARY
- The Smile tender will prepare the mouth piece and application of the WHITENING GEL
- The WHITENING GEL will be activated by the LED plasma light (FREE OF UV and prevents Cancer)
- Since it’s TRIPLE WHITENING, it means 3 sessions (20 minutes each) and then every session is about to end the LED will make a sound saying that’s it’s done. The light will turn off then you head back to the washroom where you have to rinse and with the use of your toothbrush to brush of the excess gel.
- During the session, it is NORMAL at first that you may feel a little TINGLE and you can swallow your saliva.
04. When it’s all done, after the last rinse you head over back to the teeth assessment area and check how many shades your teeth have become. So mine after 3 sessions, 8 shades lighter.
As part of your aftercare, they have recommendations for the next 72 hours after treatment:
- Avoid strongly colored drinks such as tea, coffee, red wine, soda
- Avoid food that cause stains such as chocolate, and those with food coloring
- Avoid acidic food such as tomatoes, vinegar, soy, citrus, and chili sauce as these cause tooth hypersensitivity
- Avoid smoking
- Do a fluoride rinse twice a day to rebuild enamel and fill any microscopic cavities
05. If you get the NANO SEAL TOTAL additional PHP 1299. They are gonna apply in on the teeth and leave in on for 1-2 minutes and you are all good. The purpose of the nano seal it allows to keep your usual lifestyle without any impact. So right after you don’t have to worry about avoiding the following food indicated at #4, YOU CAN EAT AND DRINK WHATEVER. It’s may be pricey but the perks that come with it.
Then Application of VITAMIN SWAB, for the gums. They’ll give you 2 sticks, one you can use after and one before going to bed when you get home. If sensitivity occurs from the first swab don’t apply the second before bed. It looks like a qtip or cotton buds then you break the seal with a mark, the fluid will go to the other end of the bud and apply in on your gums above and below your teeth – NOT the gums under (heading to the tonsils)
It is advised to DRINK WATER after.
PRODUCTS in order to maintain your pearly whites (OPTIONAL but recommended)
BRILLANT SMILE:WHITENING EVO
- MOUTH RINSE (250 ML) PHP 999.00
- TOOTHPASTE (65 ML) PHP 849.00
- TOOTHPASTE (20 ML) PHP 649.00
- GIFT BAG 3 PRODUCTS PHP 1999.00
For products: http://www.the-smile-bar.ph/products
How do I book an appointment?
You may book your appointment online by visiting http://www.the-smile-bar.ph/book
Visit their main site http://www.the-smile-bar.ph
You may also contact by phone through these numbers: (0917) 148 5659 or (02) 541 2853
They accept walk-ins should there be any available slots. The treatment salon can be found at: 2nd Floor, Cluster 2, Uptown Parade, BGC, Taguig City (Above DENNY’S DINER)
Social Media Pages: