When I got into my 20s I realized how important it was to take care of my teeth. Before back in college I would fall asleep while studying and sometimes forgetting to brush my teeth. Sounds gross but that’s reality I am not the only one who does it but I do brush my teeth in the morning definitely FYI. I gained cavities (How sad) but then I had my dental fillings in order for my cavities not to get worst. Then I have committed myself to MOUTH CARE ever since. I tried all the whitening toothpaste, mouthwash and gels you can buy in the market, it just prevents it from becoming darker (yellow) and you’ll see the result but it takes time.
Having a set of pearly whites really boost confidence, you know what I mean?
Finally Hong Kong’s The Smile Bar is here in the Philippines! Now here is my personal experience trying out their TRIPLE WHITENING service.
Here is a link of the FAQS about THE SMILE BAR (This is my previous blogpost if you want a backstory, proper introduction, services, price list and common inquiries) http://www.krishgeek.com/smile-bar-now-here-in-the-philippines/
- They make you fill out a form just basic and health – related questions. You get to meet your SMILE TENDER who will explain and perform the procedure. My smile tender was Ate Milky! The customer will be the one choosing their preferred service.
- Single Whitening (1 x 20 minutes at PHP2,999)
- Double Whitening (2 x 20 minutes, PHP4,999),
- Triple Whitening (3 x 20 minutes at PHP6,499)
- Year Whitening (12 x 20 minutes at PHP24,999)
It may be a bit pricey but its worth it, when it comes to the treatments.
“The problem with home whitening kits is that they are never a sure thing. Some are cheap, some are expensive. Some claim to be natural, while others come with toxicity warnings. You can never tell where you stand with these at-home trays and LED lights” – THE SMILE BAR
PRE – TEETH ASSESSMENT is done, so you will know what shade or how yellow your teeth is. Mine is in the MIDDLE of it all SHADE 20 (They determine the shade by following after the 2 front teeth) . When it comes to the results, your teeth will naturally whiten by 2- 9 shades. Results may last up to 6 months depending on your lifestyle.
02. Preparation before treatment:
- Mouthwash first, using BRILLANT SMILE WHITENING EVO MOUTH RINSE
- Brushing of teeth using BRILLANT SMILE WHITENINGEVO TOOTHPASTE and ofcourse a special toothbrush imported from Sweden – which you can bring home after.
03. Start of the Whitening treatment, My treatment is the TRIPLE WHITENING. They made me sit in the EGG CHAIR or POD (You can adjust the seat till you feel comfortable) and they asked if I wanted headphones and an iPad. The headphones are the brand, BOSE, so definitely high definition surround sound and in the iPad they have the Safari and Spotify applications while you’re at it.
- First, the use of the DENTAL CLEANSER with the use of your pointer finger they will place the dental cleanser (It’s like a glove for your finger) and then you apply on the top coat of your teeth. – HOPE THAT MAKES SENSE but it’s SANITARY
- The Smile tender will prepare the mouth piece and application of the WHITENING GEL
- The WHITENING GEL will be activated by the LED plasma light (FREE OF UV and prevents Cancer)
- Since it’s TRIPLE WHITENING, it means 3 sessions (20 minutes each) and then every session is about to end the LED will make a sound saying that’s it’s done. The light will turn off then you head back to the washroom where you have to rinse and with the use of your toothbrush to brush of the excess gel.
- During the session, it is NORMAL at first that you may feel a little TINGLE and you can swallow your saliva.
04. When it’s all done, after the last rinse you head over back to the teeth assessment area and check how many shades your teeth have become. So mine after 3 sessions, 8 shades lighter.
As part of your aftercare, they have recommendations for the next 72 hours after treatment:
- Avoid strongly colored drinks such as tea, coffee, red wine, soda
- Avoid food that cause stains such as chocolate, and those with food coloring
- Avoid acidic food such as tomatoes, vinegar, soy, citrus, and chili sauce as these cause tooth hypersensitivity
- Avoid smoking
- Do a fluoride rinse twice a day to rebuild enamel and fill any microscopic cavities
05. If you get the NANO SEAL TOTAL additional PHP 1299. They are gonna apply in on the teeth and leave in on for 1-2 minutes and you are all good. The purpose of the nano seal it allows to keep your usual lifestyle without any impact. So right after you don’t have to worry about avoiding the following food indicated at #4, YOU CAN EAT AND DRINK WHATEVER. It’s may be pricey but the perks that come with it.
Then Application of VITAMIN SWAB, for the gums. They’ll give you 2 sticks, one you can use after and one before going to bed when you get home. If sensitivity occurs from the first swab don’t apply the second before bed. It looks like a qtip or cotton buds then you break the seal with a mark, the fluid will go to the other end of the bud and apply in on your gums above and below your teeth – NOT the gums under (heading to the tonsils)
It is advised to DRINK WATER after.
PRODUCTS in order to maintain your pearly whites (OPTIONAL but recommended)
BRILLANT SMILE:WHITENING EVO
- MOUTH RINSE (250 ML) PHP 999.00
- TOOTHPASTE (65 ML) PHP 849.00
- TOOTHPASTE (20 ML) PHP 649.00
- GIFT BAG 3 PRODUCTS PHP 1999.00
For products: http://www.the-smile-bar.ph/products
How do I book an appointment?
You may book your appointment online by visiting http://www.the-smile-bar.ph/book
Visit their main site http://www.the-smile-bar.ph
You may also contact by phone through these numbers: (0917) 148 5659 or (02) 541 2853
They accept walk-ins should there be any available slots. The treatment salon can be found at: 2nd Floor, Cluster 2, Uptown Parade, BGC, Taguig City (Above DENNY’S DINER)
Social Media Pages: