So I just turned 26 this year, I’m so old k? haha. It’s really been an eye opening year for me and the pressure really hit me this time. Anyways that would be another blogpost, I’m still winging it haha and I can’t wait what will happen to me this year.
I am sharing to you, 25 Wisdoms (25 Things I learned at 25). I was suppose to do this on my birthday last June 17 but I was really really busy. Anyways it’s been a month already and I still say that I am 25 whenever people ask me my age. It still hasn’t sinked in yet haha.
Before I share my 25 wisdoms, these are all based on my personal experiences and I am no pro or the best person. All random haha, but I would like to ask a favor to respect my private life. I won’t go into deeper details and no further questions, please. A girl doesn’t kiss and tell.
- “Huwag ka maghanap ng kulang sa life mo and huwag ma inggit sa ibang tao”. In English: Be content and don’t be jealous of other people. Just wait, be patient, work hard and trust in God’s timing.
- “Love lang and don’t expect anything para hindi ka masaktan”. In English: Just love and don’t expect anything in return, so you won’t get hurt.
- “I really believe that whatever is for me, will never pass me”. -Shaina Magdayao. Yes, let it happen organically and don’t force it. Here is a vlog from Bianca Gonzales’ Paano Ba To with Shaina Magdayao https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw1J_pPIjqw
- Trust your gut and instinct. This one took years to develop and lately when I meet new people it’s not that I don’t like them, it’s that I don’t like their energy and vibe.
- Your public and private personality should be the same. Be authentic “magpaka totoo ka”. Yet still keep your private life, private. Not all things have to be posted on social media. Why? I don’t wan’t to jinx it. Remember, Love is quiet, Infatuation is loud.
- Love yourself and your BODY, As cliche’ as it sounds- it’s true. You don’t base your happiness from other people, it should start with yourself. Do what makes you happy. That’s why I have ME TIME and I remove things or unfiend/ avoid people who are toxic. #SelfCare #MeTime I am a body positive advocate, last year my motto was YOLO so I ate whatever I want that’s why I gained a lot of weight and didn’t go to the gym that often. This year, before turning 26, I had health issues and I noticed how my body is changing. That’s why I had to modify my lifestyle. I wouldn’t lose weight if it wasn’t my health on the line and I want to feel good about myself. Plus it’s also part of my job to be photographed all the time, I want to look good atleast. #WhenAgingHitsYou
- Believe in the Law of Attraction and do meditation(Incense Sticks).
Start of first with your body (#6) by eating good & healthy food (plus workout). Once you feel good in the inside and the rest will follow and attract. This year, I started using incense sticks when I meditate(atleast once a week). Benefits of Incense sticks:https://www.vectiskarma.co.uk/Benefits-of-Burning-Incense
- Travel more! I grew up travelling and I believe it hones character, cultural awareness and being more open. Try travelling alone too, it is really liberating. Travel as much when you’re single especially. I like to do this before I get married because once you settle down everything and priorities changes. While you are still young and you have the energy, what’s the rush!
- When it comes to friendship, for me HONESTY is the most important aspect more than loyalty. This was based on a personal experience.
- Say sorry once, twice is okay but Three times is abusive. I heard this from a taxi driver and he had a point.
- Dating: Start as FRIENDS. The best foundation. Let me insert, if the guy is not single, MOVE ON.
- Relationships : Never make your partner, choose. You compromise and work things out maturely. If you two are meant to be together, you’ll end up together, let destiny do it’s job – According to my Mom.
- Know your LOVE LANGUAGE (also your partner, for future reference). link:https://www.5lovelanguages.com/
- You will not always be motivated so you must learn to be DISCIPLINE. I realized recently that I lacked action and I am working on it.
- Before I turned 26, I realized as you get older your circle of friends become smaller. I was browsing on my old photos during my previous birthdays and I noticed the number of invites compared this year. Remember, other people have their own lives and just be happy for them. Anyways time to move on, make more new friends and just having 1 solid friend is enough. That’s part of growing up.
- Find a workout that you enjoy and you make time for it. For me I enjoy cycling and recently pound. It’s more of a personality thing. Try to switch up your workout too time to time so you won’t get bored and your body might get used to it. If you are trying to lose weight, 70% Diet (Kain talaga!) and 30% exercise, BIBLE! (Keeping Up with the Kardashian reference.)
- I am at an age, this applies to some situations “Bahala ka kung saan ka masaya” or “Hayaan mo sila”. In english: “It’s up to you for as long you are happy” or “Just mind your own business.” I get asked too about bashers, I just don’t mind them anymore.Just let KARMA do it’s job.
- When I show skin on social media, I choose an appropriate platform which is more on instagram but it should be in a classy way. NOT just too much, “hindi yung pabigay or seeking attention”. Like I show some skin because I am in the beach or fruit of my labor because I work really hard in the gym – that is okay. There is appropriation and RESPECT for yourself. I realized, that in the future when I have kids or when I get married what would they think of me. My future daughter might say, “You did that when you were my age, mom”. There would be consequences. (“May balik yan”).
- Love is NOT blind, your judgment is just clouded.
- When you notice that someone treats you differently or there is a sudden change in how they treat you, just understand, people go through a something in their personal life.
- When a guy says he is busy, believe him. What attracts him more towards you is that if he sees that you have a life, if he sees this world that you can offer, he would want to be part of it. Men are natural hunters. – Matthew Hussey
- Don’t take things too personally.
- Take things ONE thing at a time. People always say, I have a lot of things going on in my life #multihyphenate. They think I have good time management haha seriously NOT AT ALL haha, I just wing it. I just like living in the moment and being spontaneous. Sometimes when you plan it doesn’t happen haha.
- When Sh%tty things happen in your life, Just accept things and say what is this teaching me? Sometimes, I don’t want to be too happy because something bad may happen in return (“pag masayado ka masaya may kapalit) Tip: This is a traditional thing, when you are so happy or laughing hard, “magpunit ng papel” or cut/shred paper into smaller pieces). Just be calm and be neutral always. Learn also to forgive yourself, you are not perfect.
- GOD FIRST always.