This is part 1 of my pasta series with AL DENTE PASTA, Tuna Pesto ala Kirsh.
It’s very basic and easy to do recipe that you can do at home and have when you have friends come over!
- Fusilli Al Dente
- Dona Elena Olive Oil
- 1/2 White Onion (sliced)
- Dona Elena Red Pesto Sauce
- 3 canned tuna
- Dona Elena Whole Peeled Tomatoes (Separate the tomato sauce and peeled tomatoes, then crush the tomatoes)
- Dona Elena Black Olives (toppings as garnish)
- Grated Cheese (toppings as garnish)
- Butter (For the drained boiled pasta)
- Boil first the Fusilli Al Dente Pasta (then add salt) till soft
- On another pan, drizzle olive oil
- Fry the onions
- Pour the tuna to saute (make sure it doesn’t turn brown)
- 1/2 cup of Dona Elena Red Pesto Sauce
- Pour on the Tomato sauce
- Then pour the crushed peeled tomatoes
- Stir to cook, then cover to boil. 8-10 minutes (depends)
- Get a taste and if it taste good, it’s ready.
Going back to the pasta (fusilli)
- Drain the boiling water from the pasta
- TIP: For the butter, cut a few blocks and scatter on strainer then pour the pasta and MIX. This is a tip, I learned from my dad, so the pasta will have flavor and be soft
LAST, You can mix the fusilli with the sauce or do it separate.
There you go! You can add black olives or grated cheese depending on your preference 🙂
For my next recipe, I may be cooking SARDINE PASTA ALA KRISH – soon 🙂