Being only at home during the enhanced community quarantine, you find ways t0 be productive and for me one of the things I try so hard to be consistent is keeping up with my workouts. That’s why the Huawei smart watch GT 2e could help track my progress especially this time where all the gyms are closed.
In this blog let me give you a review how I used it, specs, what workout features are available and also the importance of the Huawei health application.
I haven’t personally tried other smart watches but I have used a lot of fitness watches/bands. Well the Huawei GT 2e is beyond functional than an ordinary fitness watch. The price point is affordable compared to bigger brands who offer the same features. For PHP 6990, a sport enthusiast or health conscious millennial can afford it. The Huawei GT 2e is available at Shoppee and Lazada. The smart watch comes in 4 colors: graphite black, lava red, mint green and icy white.
What makes the it different?
- It has different workout modes. During the launch of the GT2e would have 100 workout modes. (read, “MY WORKOUT EXPERIENCE” below)
- It tracks your overall health (covers the basics like heart rate, calories burned etc. ) like any other fitness watch but the GT2e includes monitoring your sleep, stress and spO2 level. In layman’s term spO2, is the amount of oxygen in your blood (like a pulse oximeter).
- You can connect the Huawei GT 2e to your smart phone (any brand of phone with a system requirement: Android 4.4 or later/ iOS 9.0 or later)
and you have to download the HUAWEI HEALTH APP (read, ” HOW TO USE THE HUAWEI HEALTH APP” below.)
- You can change the theme/ “WATCH FACE” on the watch’s settings and download more designs in the Huawei Health app. (read “HOW TO USE HUAWEI HEALTH APP”)
- Huawei is proud that this runs on a 2 week battery life. (Battery 455 mAh)
- 5O M water resistant, you can use for swimming (shallow water activities) only but not for scuba diving.
- You can connect your wireless earphones/ Freebuds (Huawei) to the smart watch and listen to music. Go to the watch’s SETTINGS > then connect
- It has a flashlight (the screen turn white), alarm, weather update, barometer and compass features
The Huawei GT2e comes in a black sleek box. The first thing you see as you open is the Huawei GT 2e smart watch. In the compartment area you have the quick start guide and charger.
The charging unit (Charging port with magnetic contacts), simply connect the cord to the magnetic charging base (the circle). To charge the smart watch, connect the magnetic base (2 gold dots on the circle) at the bottom side of the smart watch to charge.
Check out my unboxing in my Instagram page then check highlights (Instagram: @krishcatapang) https://www.instagram.com/krishcatapang/
HOW TO USE THE HUAWEI HEALTH APP:
You have to download the app so you can use the Huawei GT 2e to the fullest.
ON THE PHONE:
- Download the HUAWEI HEALTH APP (available in IOS and android).
- On your phone’s settings connect via BLUETOOTH and pair it with the smart watch (turn the smart watch, so you can see your device name > pair with phone ).
- Once both are connected, after completing the app requirements like registering your Huawei ID
- Open the app, HEALTH PAGE > CLICK UPPER RIGHT TO SCAN OR ADD DEVICES > then CONNECT.
- DEVICES page, click your device so you can customize, get your workout info and settings.
MY WORKOUT EXPERIENCE:
Been using the Huawei GT2e for a few days, I haven’t reached the 2 week battery drain yet but so far it’s been living to the Huawei’s long 2- week battery life reputation. It has been fun working out and tracking my progress. I am just a little bit worried when I do floor exercises, scared I might hit it or get a scratch. So far so good no scratch at the moment.
The design of the watch for me is something I would really wear at the gym, workout at home or a doing a sport activity/event. It can be used for an everyday look but not athleisure – it depends on each persons style. The strap is made of fluoroelastomer, while working out it was comfortable to wear while sweating. That’s the important thing when you workout.
Let me give you a simple guide and what workout features are available on the smart watch. Especially for those who love to workout who would want to know what this smart watch can offer. The buttons may seem confusing at first but you’ll get the hang of it and how user friendly it is.
LONG PRESS OF THE UPPER BUTTON, on and off option.
The main display shows the TIME and DATE. You can change the theme/WATCH FACE by TOUCHING THE MAIN SCREEN WITH LONG PRESS. You can download more designs using the HUAWEI HEALTH APP. When the smart watch is connected to the phone, CLICK the HUAWEI HEALTH APP > Go to devices > click WATCH DEVICES > Download design.
On the main display, SWIPING LEFT OR RIGHT – you have you can track your heart rate, stress, weather update, music and pedometer. SWIPING DOWN, shows the Do not disturb mode, show time mode, find phone, alarm and settings. SWIPING UP, you get messages/notifications from the app (you have to enable it at the Huawei health app)
SINGLE CLICK OF THE UPPER BUTTON, contains the following: workout, records, workout status, heart rate, activities, activity records, sleep, stress, breathing exercises, barometer, compass, notifications, weather, stopwatch, timer, alarm, flashlight , Find my phone and settings.
SINGLE CLICK OF THE LOWER BUTTON, are the workout modes: indoor and outdoor walking, indoor and outdoor running, indoor and outdoor cycling, pool swimming, open water, climb, hike, trail run, triathlon, elliptical, power and others.
NOTE: When you choose your workout mode, the watch will give instructions on how to use. Try swiping up and down for more workout progress tracks. Exit by clicking the upper button and click the stop or pause botton.
- Dimension:53 x 46.8 x 10.8 mm
- Weight: Approximately 43.5 g (without the strap)
- Watch body: metal and plastic; Strap: made of Fluoroelastomer Strap
- Screen: 1.39 inch AMOLED 454 x 454 HD ; The AMOLED touchscreen supports slide and touch gestures
- CPU: HUAWEI Kirin A1
- Memory: 4 GB ROM, 16MB RAM
- GPS Supported, GLONASS
- Sensors: (Capacitive sensor, Accelerometer sensor, Gyroscope sensor Geomagnetic sensor,Optical heart rate sensor, Ambient light sensor, Barometer sensor)
- Supported microphone, speaker and motor