We’ve known how good oats/oatmeal is good for our body’s system. Its because of fiber! Fiber fgets rid of fat/cholesterol thats the point. Since I opt to gain a healthy lifestyle for #balikalindog2015. 70% nutrition is indeed the rule to proper diet and comes with the 30% exercise.
I’ll be honest the only oatmeal brand I’ve tried ever since is “Quaker oats” – since a kid. But since I’ve gotten a bit older its time to like broaden my tastebuds to other brands. So I’ve got an invite to blog for GVMichel (Dong-A Pharma), they’ve gathered food bloggers at the Century Hotel, Manila to try the product and cooking sessions with Chef Lawrence Zafra (president of Altas Culinary Institute, located in Dasmarinas City of Cavite. He is also one of the senior chef instructors of the school, and mostly focuses on Asian Cuisine.)along side with his wife and a student from his culinary academy on how to prep cuisine made from oats.
GV Michel Oatmeal of Australia is a premium Australian brand that uses high-quality oats from Australia in all its products. It is distributed in the Philippines by Dong-A Pharma Phils., Inc. (DPPI), which also distributes Bacchus energy drink and Queen Bakery products.
GV Michel Oatmeal of Australia Premium Rolled Oats (200g/400g/800g) is made from 100 percent natural high-grade oats. Unlike traditional oatmeal, GV Michel’s Rolled Oats has slightly thicker flakes that keep you full longer. Like rice, oats has plenty of varieties that offer different levels of fiber and protein.
GV Michel Oatmeal of Australia Organic Instant Oats (200g/400g/800g) is made from 100 percent natural high-grade oats. Unlike traditional oatmeal, GV Michel’s is GMO and chemical-free. This means consumers are assured from any possible negative effects that chemicals and pesticides can result from its long-term consumption.
Both GV Michel Oatmeal of Australia Premium Rolled Oats and GV Michel Oatmeal of Australia Organic Instant Oats variants are loaded with thicker and bigger flakes that ensure you are able to take your oatmeal and experience a chewy texture with more bite and mouthfeel. It also gives you a very satisfying, slightly sweet and creamy taste making sure that you get good value for money. It also contains greater amounts of soluble and insoluble fiber compared with other regular sized oatmeal flakes.
GV Michel Oatmeal of Australia Quick Cooking Oats (200g/400g/800g) and GV Michel Oatmeal of Australia Instant Oats (200g/400g/800g) are also made with 100 percent natural whole grain oats. They cook quick much faster than rolled oats, making the preparation of breakfast an easy task in the morning.
GV Michel Oatmeal of Australia single serve instant (35g) GV Michel Oatmeal of Australia single serve chocolate (35g). This single-serve sachets serve all the goodness of oats in a handy pack.
GV Michel Oatmeal of Australia is available in major supermarkets and groceries nationwide.
Here are some recipes for you to try with your GVMichel Oats:
|INGREDIENTS FOR OATMEAL CALDO:
Olive oil – 3 tbsp
Garlic, minced – 1 tbsp
Onion, minced – ½ tbsp
Ginger, minced – ½ tbsp
Roast chicken, shredded – 2 cups
Water – 6 cups
GV Michel rolled oats – 2 cups
Fish sauce – 2 tbsp
Salt & pepper – to taste
Spring onion, chopped
Hard Boiled Egg
1. Heat pan. Add olive oil. Saute garlic onion and ginger. Add shredded roast chicken.
2. Add water and bring to a boil. Add Gv Michel rolled oats. Simmer for 5 mins or until desired consistency.
3. Season with fish sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Serve in bowls topped with sliced spring onion, sliced hard boiled egg and crushed chicharon. Serve with calamansi on the side.
|INGREDIENTS FOR HAM AND CHEESE OATMEAL FRITTERS:
GV Michel Oats – 2 cups
Hot water – 1 ½ cups
Cheddar cheese, grated – ½ cup
Sweet ham, chopped – ½ cup
Salt & pepper – to taste
Egg – 2 pcs
Flour – ½ cup
GV Michel Oats – ½ cup
Oil for deep frying
1. Soak GV Michel Premium Instant Oats in Water. Set aside for a few minutes.
2. Add cheddar cheese and ham in the pre-soaked oats, season with salt and pepper. Shape into logs or balls. Coat each with flour, egg, and oats. Chill for a few minutes.
3. Heat oil in frying pan. Fry prepared ham and cheese oatmeal logs until golden brown. May be served with any dip of choice.
|INGREDIENTS FOR 3 MUSHROOM & OATMEAL RISOTTO
Butter – 2 tbsp
Onion, minced – 2 tbsp
Button mushroom, chopped – ¼ c
Fresh shiitake, chopped – ¼ c
Oyster mushrooms, chopped – ¼ cup
White wine – 1 tbsp
Cream – 3 tbsp
Salt & pepper – to taste
GV Michel rolled oats – 2 c
Hot water – 1 ½ c
Parsley, chopped for garnish
1. Heat pan. Add butter. Saute onions and mushrooms. Add white wine. Add cream. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Add GV Michel Rolled Oats. Add water. Add more water as needed. Adjust the seasoning. Serve topped with fresh chopped parsley and grated parmesan cheese(optional)